Monday 23 April 2012

Metal Detecting at Langebaan Beach (9 April 2012)

When: 9 April 2012


I decided to start just after 10am the morning since this is low-tide.


I was hoping to score some old coins by searching the older sand near the water's edge.


Where (near Pearly's)


Below is an approximate location of where I did some limited metal detecting. My search area was probably a 2m band for about 700m. Since this was my first time metal detecting I decided to walk a path instead of designating a specific area to thoroughly search through.


View Larger Map


Results


My first find was a coin.


I had difficulty locating as I think the soil had a metallic composition.


I found many sinkers and a bit of junk. Nevertheless I had fun on my first adventure out. I also got a tan :-) So one thing to remember when metal detecting is to bring along sun protection.


Here are my finds:
A metal-detectors best friends: bottle-caps, pull-tabs and sinkers lol
I was pleased with my finds even if it was only R3.

No comments:

Post a Comment